Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ja oder nine?


How could I forget! Azra is leaving tomorrow!!! I didn't mention it in my other post but I've been thinking of her and our family allll day! Azra has been an exchange student for the past year living with my parents in Berthoud. She has been going to BHS and she and Lucy have been SUCH great friends... basically sisters. I know it's going to be very difficult to say bye but i'm sure we'll see her soon! Maybe Lucy will even be able to venture over to Europe and visit her!

When she first came to our house, she and Lucy came to my apartment in Fort Collins and we made s'mores over the stove! hahaha... then we went into old town for a bit... then they stayed the night and in the morning we went to see CSU's campus... I had a great time with the two of them! All year we've been quoting Azra... she's hilarious!! The only thing i've ever known how to say in German is "yes or no" and so I ask her that all the time haha.... i'm not totally sure how to spell it out in German- maybe "ja oder nine"? It sounds like "ya odor nine"...

Even though I haven't been around Azra as much as my family, i'll definitely miss her and hope we get to see her again very soon! Sending love to Lucy, Azra, and the rest of my fam as they send her off on her journey home!

2 comments:

  1. very close, dear Anne, very close... it is: ja oder nein. Isn't that always the question? Good idea, by the way, to leave facebook and open your own blog which I enjoyed reading so far. Good luck for the blog and best wishes from Andrea Aina, the aunt of quoting Azra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a joy to have Azra with us this past year. I'm SO glad we had the opportunity to be her host family!

    ReplyDelete