Thursday, October 6, 2011

A word from Ms. Skrobacz in the Rec Room :)

The rec room is a place the students can go after their done eating during lunch. They love to go in there because they can use their phones, play pool, play ping pong, and just hang out. I was on duty in there today and had a strange and awesome feeling. I just felt really alive and happy. It's not really explainable.... because rec room duty is probably one of the more stressful jobs of the day. Most of the kids like to go in there and it gets loud, crazy, and out of control. But for some reason, I was overcome with a ton of love and so much joy. Philippians says that after prayer and petition with thanksgiving, "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will be with you". Maybe that's just it. Pray, pray, and pray some more. I'll admit, I'm really not the best at keeping a consistent prayer life. But I know that when I DO make time, my day is so much better, I'm a lot less stressed/anxious, and my view of the world is a lot less cluttered.

Do you have those moments in your day that make you happy? What makes you feel alive? Do you follow your heart or the world? If you asked me a year ago (when I was sitting in a computer lab coming up with design ideas) if I thought I'd be hangin out in a high school rec room in New Jersey, trying to love kids who want to push ur buttons as far as possible, ummm I probably would have chuckled. I'm so thankful to be where I am and for all the people who have lead me here. I pray that you and I would follow the plans of the Lord and what makes us truly alive. That plan may change unexpectedly in a couple days or maybe even years down the road. Own it and follow it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment