Saturday, November 19, 2011

Slowing Down

I had a cold two weeks ago, got rid of it, and apparently didn't get enough of it the first time, because it came back this week. I also had a day and a half spell of being light headed which is no fun... Annnnd, the show must go on! I took it as a sign that I needed to slowwwww downnnnnn. I've been on the run constantly this year so it was actually a welcomed break to be forced into rest.


There's a very high chance that I'll be teaching a health class, starting after Thanksgiving. I'm super excited about this opportunity! I may be teaching with another volunteer or on my own- it's not clear yet... but I think it would be another great learning experience. I've been thinking a lot about my last blog and the origin of issues I discussed. I've decided a lot of it comes down to personal health! Healthy eating habits, self-respect, respect for others, taking care of your body physically, emotionally, sexually, spiritually, mentally, etc. With that said, I've gotten really excited about the idea of teaching health. It's definitely something I'm passionate about and can be fun to teach/learn about... I'll keep you posted as this unfolds :)


With Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to say a little bit about what I'm thankful for. My list could probably be pretty lengthy... Sooo I'm going to make a list of the first 10 things that come to mind:
1. My family: My Mom and Dad, Kate, Nathan, Joe and Lucy... I love you from the bottom of my heart
2. My faith and God: I would not be here without the Lord, and my faith is what gets me through each day
3. My friends: I am speechless. I have been truly blessed by each of you.
4. This experience in Wickatunk: truly life changing
5. Food and shelter
6. New experiences, challenges and adventures... as well as all of the experiences, challenges and adventures that have lead me to where I am now
7. Little joys: ex: tiny bubbles coming out of a soap bottle or getting a letter in the mail :)
8. The support from my immediate/extended family and friends: I am so humbled and hope I can reciprocate what you have given to me
9. The peace of a new day in the morning
10. Life

I feel like my blogs have been pretty scattered recently but hopefully you can still follow them... God bless you all this coming week with the holiday! Safe travels to all travelers! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment