Inside Macy's
Serendipity!!
Nativity in St Patrick's
Rockefeller Center
I'm in the middle of packing so this won't be long but here's a little update on things...
Last week was the music show. The students did an amazing job and I was so humbled to be a part of such a great show! It was incredible to see the kids get up in front of people... not easy, especially for some of our students. One of our seniors has an awesome voice and it's so fun to be able to work with her and listen to her sing.
This week has been flying by-- it seems there are more things to do each day that need to be finished by the end of the week! Yikes! But, nonetheless, the Christmas spirit keeps us going and the week is almost finished :) My community-mate/roommate has been working on a holiday video that we filmed over the past month (staff members dressed as elves, santa, etc doing various things) so we'll have an assembly tomorrow to show the students the video. After the video, we (4 teachers and me) will play "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" Bruce Springsteen style, and santa will come in bearing gifts for all the students... he gives each student a Collier High School hoodie! The administration at our school is very generous! I'm sure it will be a fun and emotional day tomorrow and I'm looking forward to all of it :)
Ok... I gotta run and get my laundry, eat, pack, etc.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I feel incredibly blessed by the family and friends I have been/will be surrounded by! Wishing you a very wonderful holiday and many joys in the new year. xoxoxoxo
Lovely Pix Anne! I am looking at my own Christmas traditions, as we grew up bringing your cousins to the sights in the City. Isn't it fun? and so pretty! I admire your expressions of joy and generosity with your students, Anne. they are so blessed to have you with them. I hope you enjoy a marvelous Christmas with your family! hugs to you and all your fam, from JU, aunt Mare and the whole Fleming Gang! We love you!
ReplyDeleteAuntie M.