Monday, August 27, 2012

Waiting

I've been doing a lot of waiting recently. The more I think about it, a lot of life involves waiting. Waiting, listening, and acting. Waiting for a job, waiting for the mail, waiting for your wedding day when you're engaged, waiting 9 months for a behbeh, waiting at a red light, waiting in line at the grocery store. At the moment, I've been waiting to hear from prospective employers, waiting to hear God's call, waiting for my slowww computer to load, waiting for yummy meals to finish cooking, waiting to see if I'll EVER overcome the desire for chocolate all day err day (hahaha yeah right), waiting for my turn to use the car, waiting for my seeeesters to come home. So what do I do as I wait? Do I waste time on Pinterest/Facebook? Do I let my mind wander where it shouldn't? Or do I take care of myself? Do I embrace the silence? Do I make good use of my time? Do I spend time with God? That last one's should be no question... Yet some days I find myself going through the day and the most time I spend with God is a small meditation for 5 minutes. I guess it's better to be connecting in some small way than not at all. A good friend from GSV recently sent me a blog about waiting. The part that stuck out to me was when the blogger said that we may be waiting to hear from someone (a phone call, response to an application, email, facebook, etc) but the reality is that God is always calling us and always waiting for us. How will we respond? In the Christmas clay-mation "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town", one of the songs is called "One Foot in Front of the Other". It's that simple?! Easier said than done... One day at a time, we can figure out one thing at a time, while we wait and listen to God's call in His time.

As I mentioned, my mom and I have been waiting for food to finish cooking because we've been trying to make some Pinterest recipes. I pin sooo many recipes but never try them. So my mom and I decided to try at least one new recipe per week... It's a lot of fun! Here's what we've tried...

Turkey Stuffed Peppers 



Kale Smoothies 


Santa Strawberries
(I made this just because we had extra chocolate frosting from my mom's bday... bit of a fail you might say hahahaha may be cuter if I tried to do it right. Joe ate the three little guys I made so I guess they were tasty... just not so attractive ;) http://pinterest.com/pin/87116574012918057/)


Shrimp Stir-fry
Lucy and I just made this up... 1 red pepper, 1 orange pepper, broccoli, carrots sliced, snap peas, some toasted sesame seeds, garlic powder, a little bit of sesame oil... stirfry all the veggies together and then add the cooked shrimp! 


Sesame Sticks 
(these are from the flat belly diet cookbook)


I don't have photos for these but they look like the photos on the websites:

Bruschetta Chicken
(We used italian dressing and it turned out just as tasty! http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/04/grilled-bruschetta-chicken.html

Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
(Not my favorite- although I looooove broccoli and cauliflower. The marjoram in the Italian seasoning was what made it a little bit too much for me... it may be better w/o the seasoning... http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Vegetables/Broccoli-Cauliflower-Casserole.aspx)

Spinach salad with avacado, chicken and goat cheese
(We used feta- I love goat cheese but we had feta at home so that's what we used :) http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/04/02/spinach-salad-with-chicken-avocado-and-goat-cheese/)

Now that I've spent my "waiting" time writing this blog, I think my next step is back to my job search... Cheers to putting one foot in front of the other! 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your blog, Anne! I am learning to be patient. It's something I've been working on for many years. I'm learning to take deep breaths and look around for the good things when I feel restless. It happened today a few times, as a matter of fact.
    Listening to God is a challenge for me, too. He surrounds me with people that remind me that He is always near. A coworker reminds me often that "The joy of the Lord is my strength.."
    Thank you for your blogs!! (I'll say a prayer that the right job comes along.) Linda

    ReplyDelete