Last week of hostessing! Last day is friday but i want to try to get out of doing friday haha... I have a bit of a cold but today i have the day off so i'm trying to take it easy- haven't really been successful lol... This morning i did a bunch of laundry, watered the plants, walked to the bank to deposit checks, went to the post office, and came home to have lunch... went to beach for a couple hours and talked to Aunt Bern and Emily Koenning!! came home a few minutes ago- just in time to beat the rain. Gonna grab a cup of tea and my book in just a minute :)
Saturday i went to the beach around 10 or 11... can't remember... and it was so beautiful- the waves were HUGE and there was no one there until like 1!!! The pic i posted with this is from Saturday-- i love the part right where the wave is folding... and when two parallel waves meet and crash together! so beautiful! anways... i had to work on saturday night- we had the busiest night yet this summer! 103 covers! Which is a lot for them... and everything went so well- the kitchen was so on top of things and everyone was happy. Of course, as I come to the end of the job, i've been enjoying the job and have been able to talk with a couple of the people a little more... there are a few ppl who work there that are Bulgarian (including the owner and her husband) and one of the waiters, Tihi, was telling me all about their school system the other night. So it's been neat to be able to learn about their culture while i've worked there!
AC and UJ are actually in CO visiting my family! haha so i'm just here and I'm watching their dog, Maggie, while they're gone. Kel is coming this weekend and will be here for a few weeks! I'm planning to go visit my grandparents and Aunt Bern in the beginning of August. I'm also going to NYC with my cousin Melody at the end of this month!!!! Hopefully i'll also get up to Philly with Kel after she's back up there... btw Rockies play Phillies this weekend- Go Rockies! ;)
I never know if i should keep exercising when I get sick... i haven't been running since friday because I felt it coming on saturday morning and didn't want to make it worse.... and now it's in my chest so i figured running + crud in lungs= no breath/bad idea haha
This summer has been a great challenge to my faith but I think in a good way.... I definitely haven't kept up with it as much as I do in the school year but I've become more aware of God in diferent ways and have realized how I really do rely on my faith for so much! I've also become more aware of who I am, setting boundaries for myself, and being confident to face challenges/fears.... among various other things... sooo i'd say those are all pretty good lessons- of course I have not mastered any of them by any means but at least I am aware... My Aunt Bern is who inspired me to write this little tid-bit about faith... and my older sister, Kate, who also helps me to look for the positive.... aBern has M.S. and, yet, has such a positive outlook on life.... for example, her answering machine for her phone says: "Remember to look for the joy in the day. Then scatter the joy wherever you go and you will end up with more than you found"... such a good reminder!!! and she sure does know how to scatter joy! :)
alright... i'm off off for R&R before making an Acme run... love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment