Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Catching up

Hello!

It's been a little while since we've talked... hehe... I'm finally getting settled in to Colorado and the very thin air! Thursday after I got back, my dad, Joe and I went on an 11 mile hike- haha yeah... not a grreeeat idea. Massive headache that night- but well worth it- such a beautiful hike! I got to go shopping with Lucy too and tried to hang out with fam as much as possible before coming up to foco. I went on a student leader retreat with FOCUS up in the mtns... Then I went back Wed (aug 18) night to have dinner with my fam for my mom's birthday. Ever since i've just been getting settled into the apartment again. Lots of little misc. tasks- getting schedule for school set, getting internet/comcast to work, etc... This semester i'm taking my senior capstone, volleyball, and then i'm TA-ing for 2 professors. I'm also going to try to get into another fun class. It will be nice to have classes that aren't so time consuming because my senior capstone is going to be very very time intensive. We are also doing a service learning project on the side and we will be working with a couple homeless shelters to help with an addition/renovations to make the spaces more functional. I'm super excited because that is the part of design that I am interested in most- making a difference in the community for people in need. So overall i'm super excited for the year!!
We have a BUNCH of activities going on this week for FOCUS so i've been busy hopping around from one thing to another but it's been a great week. I'm prob not going to update this very often since i'm back now but i'll try to keep you up to date as much as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment