"There are many ways to reach your dream, so don't be discouraged if you can't yet see the way on your own."
"Demand to be free of whatever categorizations or limits others try to put on you."
These are two quotes from Life Without Limits that stuck out to me today. What are my goals? My dreams? What's holding me back or creating a road block? For me, my dream is to have a family, live simply, have a home where I work to live rather than live to work. I've always dreamed of having a big vegetable garden... not only do I love veggies, but home-grown vegetables are so yummy and cheapppp! My road block? Society tells us that we should be $uccessful and work our way up the corporate ladder... a bit different from living simply on my garden ;) I just finished college with a Bachelor of Science- shouldn't I be getting a job? I just spent thousands of dollars on this degree... I am such a believer in the idea that nothing happens without reason. Whether or not I end up in interior design, the people I've met, experiences I've gained, and ideas I've had throughout college have all happened in perfect timing with God's plan and preparation for my future. Another part of my dream is to rebuild my childhood home wherever I live so interior design definitely plays a role in that plan. I haven't given up the idea of health care design, either. I would really love it, actually. But my dream is moreso the life of simplicity as a housewife. As I prepare to volunteer on the east coast, a simple life in a country house seems a little ways out and I'm not sure how that's gonna happen... but as Nick Vujicic said in his book, "There are many ways to reach your dream, so don't be discouraged if you can't yet see the way on your own." God knows the desires of our hearts- He put them on our hearts and will either fufill those dreams or change the desires of our heart- I'm so excited for this year and I know the experiences ahead will greatly prepare me for my future. Never give up and always believe in your ability to achieve :)
No comments:
Post a Comment