Ok- I said I'd do a video last time but I haven't had time yet- Hopefully i'll do a video one of these days :) These past few weeks have been crazy, fun, crazy fun, and full of change pants. I moved home to my parents' house and in the mean time, accepted a position to do a year of volunteer work. First, moving home was crassayyyy. There were a couple hiccups in the day but it turned out just fine... It's crazy to be home again but I do love my framily. We've all been hanging out a lot doing lots of fun sings togesser... horseback riding, going to the county fair, white water rafting, shopping, going to old town Fort Collins, having meals together, laughing, and just enjoying each others' company :) I'll admit that being home definitely threw a curve in my routine for feeling healthier. I'm sure you know the feeling of being out of your routine in a new place. But it's getting better for sure. Two things I need to remember: to pray and to keep trying to do better when I mess up.
Sooo in between taping boxes and scrubbing my shower, I was applying, interviewing and accepting volunteer work on the east coast! I'll be at a high school for at-risk youth and I couldn't be more excited and humbled to have the opportunity to work with this school. I'll be living with the four other volunteers who are working at the high school as well as three nuns. I'll be substitute and ropes course certified upon arrival but until I feel comfortable substituting, I'll be helping in classes as needed, doing admin work, helping with after school activities, and helping wherever they have need. I can't wait to get the year started- It's going to be a great year of growth and learning! All of the readings and songs in mass this morning were about having no fear and knowing that we can do anything with faith in God. "Do not be afraid I am with you, I have called you each by name.... I love you and you are mine"-- that song was played this morning and whether or not you like the song, I do haha, and it makes me cry every time. I have no idea why. It just gets me! Remember that time I didn't trust God and everything turned out great? Oh yeah... that happens a lot ;) but really, I think it was really affirming- since all of this happened so quickly, it's nice to hear that God has a hand in it and I'm not just crazy to suddenly decide to do this work.
The last thing I want to say is how blessed and thankful I am for all of the love and support from my friends and family. I am truly humbled by all the support I've gotten and will keep you all in my prayers and in the loop as I begin this year long journey on the east coast!
Ad maiorem Dei gloriam
No comments:
Post a Comment