Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fuel For Life

I've debated whether or not to write about this but I figured I would. I'm a pretty open book and if nothing else, it's good for me to look back on these posts to see where I've been. 

When I was a sophomore in college my doctor pulled gluten out of my diet. Being a college student and then fresh out of college with no money, I wasn't able to stick to it all of the time. I tried my best to stay away from it, especially at home, so that when I would go out to eat or there weren't other options, I would allow myself to have it. I've worked with my doctor regularly since then, and this week he laid down the law again... time to really focus on eliminating gluten and sugar from my regular diet. My body really doesn't process gluten, yeast, and sugar well. Gluten isn't as much of a problem for me as sugar--- #chocoholic. I am hoping that by writing about it on my blog, I'll be able to be more honest with you/myself and hold myself more accountable. I'll try not to be obsessive about it, but since it needs to be my lifestyle 100% of the time, you may see it come up once in a while. I have a deep desire for a simple life, and while it can be challenging to see resistance of temptations like food as "simple", the idea of a simple diet has always been so appealing to me. If we think about some of our ancestors, they lived on a verryyyy simple diet. None of this processed food. Yes, it tastes great, but it doesn't fuel our bodies as natural, whole foods do. Anyways, here begins my journey of really dedicating my diet to food that fuels my body. 

I feel like my previous post and this one have been very open and honest about some of the ways I'm changing my life... I guess you could say a mini "quarter life crisis".... but I can also say I feel like I'm simply becoming more fully me and pursing the things that make me the best version of myself. As many women do, I sometimes struggle with finding ways to love myself. I've realized that I actually DO loveeee that I love the simple, western life style. It lights a fire in my soul. I realize life is a journey filled with many ups and downs, but I'm trying to figure out how to have more "ups" than "downs". I'm excited to see how doors open in 2015 for me to pursue the healthiest ..."unbridled".... version of myself <3 font="" nbsp="">

No comments:

Post a Comment