I would just like to start today by pointing out that my friend, Emily Snyder, thinks I'm hipster for blogging. You should get to know her cuz she's so hipster she doesn't even know that she's hipster.
Most recently, I've been learning how I can turn something that sounds unappealing into something that is fun and for the greater glory of God. I got a part time job at NY&Co. and at first I didn't really want to do it. After some thought and ingredients for a positive attitude, I'm really looking forward to it! First, I'm thinking I definitely need a little laughter. Laughing (as u can probably tell) is one of my most favorite past times. Even hipsters laugh sometimes. So should you! Second, I think it's important to think of others first . So with this job, I can go into it with the attitude of serving others and making the women who come in the store feel beautiful as we all are! Third, we all need to wear something outrageous once in a while- like the hats em and I found for the fourth of july. Maybe I'll wear my tiara as I get ready every day. (btw- don't name ur kids nevaeh- heaven spelled backwards. it's cheezy) Fourth, jam to good music on the way to work and on the way home. Gets ya goin every time... and last, whatever you do, dooon't make gun hands in photos. If they end up on facebook, you'll be embarrassed and depressed the rest of the day while you work. hehe but really, there's always a way to make something unappealing become appealing. If you need help with this just let me know- I'm happy to offer my brilliant solutions when I can ;)
I got off track with eating the past couple days but I'm ready to get back on track. It's so easy to beat ourselves up for messing up but the reality is that we are human and we fall. Wanna know one of my little tricks!? First, I'll point out that I really love nuts and seeds. I bought these cinnamon covered almonds from Kings that have a little sugar on them too... so every time I crave sweets, I just have an almond or two (being careful not to grab 10 cuz I could honestly eat the whole bag hahaha) and it generally helps! I've also started eating hardboiled egg whites and that really kills a craving to eat and eggs are cheap! But I like the almonds cuz they're still healthy but give u a little kick of sugar and taste oh so yummy :)
for my next blog, i'm going to try to do a video-- stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment