Thursday, July 7, 2011

Laughing

... They say it's one of life's best medicines :) I think it's so important to surround ourselves with people who make us laugh. It's during those times that we laugh straight from the gut that we become unaware of all our worries and fill our "joy cup" if you will. I've always loved other peoples' laughs... they're so contagious! This morning I was thinking about how much I laugh or smile vs how much I think about something I don't like about myself or something I don't want to do during the day. How about you!? How can we make those frowns lit'terally turn upside down!? I've started reading "Life without limits" by Nick Vujicic. It's a book I got for graduation and it's written by this guy who was born without any limbs- so he basically has his abdomen and then it looks like he has a left foot at the bottom of his abdomen. He wrote this book about "inspiration for a ridiculously good life". I just read the beginning of it and i'm pretttty sure it's gonna be awesome :) Some of the things he says it takes for a life without limits are:

"A powerful sense of purpose
Hope so strong that it cannot be diminished
Faith in God and the infinite possibilities
Love and self-acceptance
Attitude with altitude
A courageous spirit
Willingness to change
A trusting heart
Hunger for Opportunities
The ability to assess risks and to laugh at life
A mission to serve others first"

Seem like pretty good ways to live positively and joyfully- I'll keep you posted on how the book goes :)

I'm also trying to do one small thing each day to connect with God/take a little quiet time. Whether it's 5 minutes or 50 minutes, it doesn't matter. Baby steps for now. I think the mornings are always the best time for this, but, of course, any time really works. It's also nice to just have a moment to slow down from life's crazy speed and just be.

As a final note, this is one of the first Youtube baby videos I saw- it's one of my favs... and he kinda sounds like me... the weezer. hope it makes you laugh too :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk

No comments:

Post a Comment