"Pooped" would be an accurate word to describe my physical state at the moment ;) I got the chance, very last minute, to chaperone Steubenville of the Rockies this weekend- a regional 3 day conference for high school youth. They had speakers, a worship band, mass, adoration, confession, a concert, small groups, and lotttts of goofing around :) it was definitely a great experience! Btwn 1,000 and 1,500 youth were there and it was truly a blessing to see them all search for answers and try to build a relationship with Christ. I will definitely keep them in my prayers- especially as they go back to their schools and friends and try to defend their faith... The photo (tho crappy quality) is of all the youth and chaperones from our church- we had 19 teens, 4 chaperones and Lisa... we're all lookin pret-ty BA with our foco shirts. It's ok to be jealous :P Even though I was there for the teens, I definitely think God spoke to me a lot as well. It was cool because the first song the band played on Friday was "I am Free" by Newsboys (I was just talking about my goal to be freed in my faith and physical life in a previous blog), followed by a few other songs about being free in Christ. It was so great to be affirmed in that goal.
"Do you feel like you can have an open personal relationship with Christ? What's holding you back?" This reflection question was convicting for me because it really challenged me to think about what I put in the way of my relationship with Christ, even after years and years of practicing my faith. It also helped me think about what things I hold onto in my life that I turn to for safety but actually keep me from happiness. After reflecting on all of this, I am sure God and I have a lot of chit chatting to do in the next year ;)
Lots of good things this week- for starters, the whole fam is home! YAY! Bbsitting, job hunting, fam time, meeting up with friends, softball, Bachelorette (yes, the secret is out. I watch it. Annnd it's exhausting to keep up with this chick and her drama).... Gotta go to bed to get some energy back for all this ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment